To Race Directors:
USA T&F Sanctioning and Insurance
applications are now available online. This is the cheapest insurance you can get
for your event. Just
link here for the forms.
Iowa Road Race and Triathlon timing services
FitnessSports.com provides the following FREE
* A listing of your meet / race(s) in our frequently mailed out Fitness Sports
News. This newsletter is sent to over 12,000 runners around Iowa 8 times a year.
(For guidelines regarding inserting forms in the FS News, please go
* Free listing of your meet / race(s) for 12 months a year with contact info,
links to your website & your email address on our web site..
* It's Free! (*we do ask that you recognize us as a contributor for this service)
This web site typically gets 2 to 4 thousand viewers a day during the racing
* Links to your results; (or) we will post your results for you, if you email
them to us
* Entry forms or results if sent to us in a word, excel, pdf or html format
If you need our logo, a small one is here
and a larger higher resolution page can be downloaded here.
There is no charge for the above services. However, we do ask that you list
us as a contributor to your event.
Fitness Sports keeps race numbers and large boxes
of safety pins in stock. The numbers have a tear off section on the
bottom for cross country / road race scoring and sell for $16 per hundred.
This is a good price because they have our name on them and we call it advertising.
The safety pins come 1440 in a box (enough for 360 participants) and sell for $14
* If we need to create the
entry form, there is a $10 charge.
Send us the info via electronic or snail mail to .Steve Bobenhouse.* or
Race Calendar - 7230 University Ave.- Des Moines, IA 50311
For meet / race listings please send us:
1. Name of meet/race
2. Date & Time of the day for the event
3. Location (site, town, state)
4. Contact name, address.
5. phone number for info
6. email address
7. Website location (if any)
For results posting please send us:
1. Web location of results, if posted on the web
2. Results via email as a Microsoft Word or XL (before version 2004), or html
Note: We can not post results which are sent to us via fax or conventional mail.
We must receive them in electronic format.
* Meet / race data will be posted as soon as possible. It is recommended that
the information be sent to us at least two months before the date of the event
Timing Services in Iowa (let me know if you know of others)
Cal Murdock & Mike Franke - Des Moines
Open Road - Kevin Lewis - Ankeny
Andy Kauder - Cedar Rapids
Dave Lipinski - Cedar Falls/Waterloo
End Results Timing - Quaad Cities
True Timing - Story City
Accu-Split - Davenport